Convenor: Nadine Sargent, email@example.com
Baseball registrations are completed online through the Ramp registration system. Families will need to create an account. Please note, we serve families from all over North Winnipeg so your child may be hosted by a community club other than Red River Community Centre.
The Rally Cap Program is baseball’s initiation program and is designed to enhance players’ and coaches’ first experience with the game. The program helps teams teach players the five FUNdamentals of baseball in a fun and safe environment. Players have the opportunity to perform different tasks in order to earn a colored Baseball Canada Rally Cap. Cap colors correspond with various levels of achievement. In Manitoba, the hats are distributed free to associations.
Baseball Manitoba has adopted Baseball Canada’s Rally Cap as the entry level, or initiation program for the 5 – 7 age group. The format involves three teams of six players that meet at the park at the same time. Two teams play a 20 minute game, while one team practices in the outfield. Every 20 minutes they switch, so that each team plays offense and defense and has one practice in the 60 minutes session.
Rally Cap Program Goals
1. Create a fun environment in which children and adults are actively engaged together in the game of baseball.
2. Develop fundamental motor skills, teach baseball skills, and basic rules to our players.
3. Experience success with an emphasis on good sportsmanship.
4. Promote increased self-esteem among Rally Cap children and adults.
5. Recruiting new coaches and volunteers
During the season the teams will be working on five fundamentals of baseball. Twice during the season the players will have opportunities to perform different skill tasks in order to earn a coloured Baseball Canada Rally Cap (hence the program name). Different coloured hats are achieved based on the level reached.
The Grand Slam Program is designed to promote physical development of children through the game of baseball. The program helps develop physical literacy by using a modified game to teach the basic baseball skills to children and ensure success. The program is designed for children of eight and nine and consists of four categories of activity fit into two seasons. .
Grand Slam Goals
1. Create a healthy environment in which children of various levels of ability find pleasure in learning baseball
2. Initiate or pursue the development of basic baseball skills and strategies for players
3. Teach and develop sportsmanship in a context of healthy competition
4. Develop and promote self-esteem in children
Starting at Age 10, players begin competitive baseball where all rules apply. Various levels of play ensure all players regardless of their skill level can enjoy the game of baseball.
- 11U (10-11 years)
- 13U (12-13 years)
- 15U (14-15 years)
- 18U (16-18 years)
|Birth Year||Age Group||Days||Program Fee||Admin Fee||Field Fee||Total Fee|